Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oh where, oh where...

Has my little life gone? Oh where, oh where, could she be? :(

Seriously, what the heck is going on around here? My alternate life in cyberspace has nearly completely disappeared. I mean, I am hanging on by a teensy weensy little thread here. I feel entirely out of the loop. I haven't logged onto forums I used to "haunt" religiously. I obviously haven't been blogging (as you can tell). Needless to say, I haven't written a single word (of fiction, for leisure) in God only knows how long. Gah. Just...gah.

The thing that gets me is that fall is my absolute favorite time of the year and it's almost come and gone right before my eyes (I live in Northern WI, y'all--I saw snow flakes floating around a couple days ago). I LOVE to write in this kind of weather. I feel most inspired to do so when it's cool and fresh outside. Granted I usually prefer to write more...goody-two-shoes kinda romance in the fall (the whole nurture/nesting thing, I guess), but, hey, something would be better than nothing, right?

But, alas, there's not point in doting on things I can't change and right now I can't change to fact that school, work, kids and "real life" have got me completely...well, tangled up. :P I don't know if I'm coming or going lately. And, at the moment, I'm sick. With the normal cold/congestion crud notorious for popping up this time of year. I feel like I've been in a fog for like...the past three months. Okay, so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but seriously...I've been quite dazed and confused for a good week.

Sigh. There's that pointless doting again, huh? Time to quit, right? :(

I'll change the subject by asking what you all have been doing lately. I haven't been blog hopping in forever, so how about throwing me a bone and just filling me in here? Pretty please...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well darlin' life has way of doing that to you. Have no fear, the Girls are here for ya! You will get back to the writing life and forum haunting soon enough. It won't go anywhere while you are gone. Just keep you rchin up.