Monday, July 7, 2008

And We're Back...

To sum up my weekend away in one word...meh. While it was...okay...it wasn't nearly as fun and relaxing as Memorial Day was. The park was so packed (quiet, though, if you can believe it), that we couldn't look away from the kids for a second without worrying about them wandering off into someone else's campsite and eating all their food (I swear they ate nonstop!).

The only exciting things that happened all involved my middle kid. The first was when our 120lb. Lab took him (40lbs) for a walk...er, slide...down the middle of the gravel road. Surprisingly the road rash wasn't too bad, but you'd have guessed the poor kid had been gutted by the amount of screaming he did. But as if that wasn't bad enough, he fell out of our pop-up camper that night, too. Yeah. Fell out. Somehow the little shit managed to get his feet down between the cushion and canvas. He broke the bungee rope thingy that holds the canvas tucked in place under the camper and slipped right out. I woke up to him screaming (lucky me...we were sharing a bed) and when I went to reach for him, all I got was a hand and his head...no body. Needless to say, I woke up hubby and made him go outside to get the poor, dangling, nearly beheaded kid. In his underwear. No way was I going out there because the morning before someone found cougar tracks on the beach. (Cougars might be all normal for you...but they were supposedly exterminated from our area a hundred years ago. Of course, they'd have to show up again when my kid decides to play Houdini in the middle of the night. All I could think of the next night was what would have happened if said cougar was perusing our campsite at the same time my kid did his partial disappearing act. Gah.)

Anyhow...the good news is I finished Sophie Kinsella's Remember Me? and I absolutely loved it. A bit slow going at first, but it ended up being fabulous and I'll of course be reviewing it at Romantic Bites within the next few days. :)

So, how was your 4th? Do anything fun? Have anything good to drink? I've got a story about what I drank this weekend, but I'll save that for later in the week. It's rather funny. Or at least in my drunken stupor, I thought it was pretty damn funny. Hehe...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have got me giggling like a school girl over here about your middle kid. OMG... thanks for the share... I needed that sooo much!

December said...

I drank alot of cheap beer and followed it up with Brandy Slushes. (don't remember much after that, brandy Slush + Lots of beer = dancing monkeys in my memory bank)