Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Need...

ONE OF THESE!!




Or all three. Whatever.

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of a gourmet coffee shop within the next 25 or so miles, so I'm going to try to make my own. I found this recipe online here.

ICED MOCHA LATTE

1 1/2 cups strong hot brewed coffee
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, such as Hershey’s
1 cup ice cold milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Handful or so crushed ice
Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
1 small piece semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, for garnish

I'm not sure about the brown sugar. Think that's really necessary? I don't. I'm gonna skip it. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

Do you have any fabulous at-home coffee recipes you're willing to share? I've only gotten into the coffee thing over the past couple of years or so and even then I only allowed myself to indulge when I'd be out and about shopping with my mom and little sis. So, I'm kinda wet behind the ears, so to speak, about all the fancy schmancy kinds of drinks out there. Throw a few at me. I'll give 'em a try and maybe, just maybe I'll be able to blame YOU for my next addiction. Wouldn't that be fun? :P

5 comments:

Bethanne said...

today, i added three teaspoons of hot cocoa to my coffee...with one sweetner and some ice in a blender, i bet it could really make you smile! Course, i like my coffee hot, so I drank it that way.

Jolie said...

Mmm... I just made another drink (second one today) following, more or less, the recipe I posted without the extra sugar and...YUMMA! Absolutely delish. I could really go for another, but, um, I'm afraid it could seriously become an addiction. :(

December said...

Mm - I'll take one of each! thanks!

Anonymous said...

coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee... sigh, ok, I guess it's time for the truth.

Hi, my name is Moira and I am a coffeeholic.

I had my first taste in highschool when they put the first Starbuck's near my house... then the Coffee Bean wwent up near my school, and the next thing I knew I was sneaking coffee... I hid the evidence. Here I am some *cough*25*cough* years later and I am still struggling with this addiction.

This recipe sounds right up my alley. Gonna go give it a shot right now....

Anonymous said...

Mmmm Coffee! I have never tried to make one of these like this at home. I make coffee every morning and everyone knows to not ask TOO many questions until I have my first sip! I am gonna have to try this out! :)