Monday, July 28, 2008

Christmas in July


Yep, it's Christmas at my desk right now. I'm writing a short story that I'm hoping will find a home this year, but I realize I'm a little late getting into the game with the holiday season being only 5 months away (gasp! Isn't that nuts?). It doesn't really matter to me if it is too late (which I won't know until I sub it), because, holy whah, is listening to Xmas music therapeutic! I had a whopper of a headache not that long ago and I was anxious to the point of squirming in my seat. But a little Faith Hill and Where Are You, Christmas? later, I feel like I've had a few glasses of hot, spiked apple cider. Heck, this is some pretty cheap emotional therapy. I'm disappointed I didn't think to do this before!

Anyhow...this story is calling me, so back at it I go. If I finish before I leave this weekend (hubby's cousin is getting married and Middle Kid is the ringbearer), I'll post an excerpt. My very first excerpt! :) Until then...hope you're having a great week! If not, I swear...dig out the holiday tunes and all will be well in no time! :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! I love Christmas. We just did an event... that had all Christmas stuff and yes.. the Theme was Christmas in July! I think its fun! I might now have to get all my xmas music out and listen to a little! ;)

December said...

OOh - I can't wait to hear more!!

it does seem crazy, x-mas music in July. its what, 90 degrees out there?

Bethanne said...

I love sandra brown, too. :D Just sayin.