Monday, August 11, 2008

30 Days of Blaze

I got my new shipment of Harlequin Blazes today. It's the 11th in the my year's subscription, which was the prize I received for being one of three winners in Harlequin's Ultimate Secret contest last September. You can read the entry here if you'd like, but note it's under my real name and somewhere along the way, my opening sentence went missing. :( (FYI...the sentence was--should anyone want to actually read it--"Life as Carmela Winfield knew it--for the last eight months anyhow--was about to end.")

Anyhow, upon stuffing my new books onto my bookshelf, I realized I had A TON of unread Blazes staring back at me. Well, a ton might be an exaggeration...it's actually 32 books and I'm pretty sure I have about 5 tucked in inconspicous places around the house, only partially read, as well. Of course, I have a bunch of other books on my TBR shelf, too, but not nearly as many belonging to the same category or the same genre.

So, taking into consideration that I want to write Blaze (I know I've battled this repeatedly, but I truly think in my heart of hearts this is what I want. If you're someone I've whined and cried about this to--about what my voice is, etc.--I'm sorry. You can slap me if you'd like. *grin*), the fact that I can easily read a Blaze in a day, and that I want to start writing again once I ditch this babysitting gig, it seems like I really ought to get cracking on all of those books, doesn't it? :)

Now, I know I'm notorious for flaking on my goals, but I'm going to set yet another. I'm going to read a Blaze a day for the next 30 days, reviewing them at my whim and/or picking them apart to help sharpen my understanding of the category, which will hopefully make my next, impending attempt at writing more successful.

So--deep breath--tonight I'm going to begin...and hopefully finish...(picking randomly from the pile here)....FLASHPOINT by JILL SHALVIS.


Damn, that's ironic. I was so pissed when I got this book and realized someone was already onto the firefighter series idea I'd had last November with my NaNo story, which would have been the first of three firefighter books. But I've since gotten over my jealousy--I love Jill and couldn't hate her for too long ;) . I know this will be a fabulous book and I can't wait to dig in and let you know all about it tomorrow.

Hugs...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you lsot your ever lovin mind? God I love you! As hair brained as some of your ideas are at times... they are inspiring.(Not that I am jumping on the book a day band wagon ;)) I will however, happily root you on from my little corner of the world... Hey I am from a gambling town so I am going to lay odds that this one just might stick and garner you the results you are looking for. Go Jolie! Go Jolie! Go!