Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Well...

I got a job. As a waitress. In a place that I worked at while in high school and on and off in college. The first time around. :(

Yeah. I pretty much took a step back in time. Heck, I'm even doing the whole college thing again to go right along with the burger-slinging. But, while I'd love to work some place more glamorous--and more fitting to my education--it just wasn't happening. And I can't afford to wait around until something more ideal comes along. My husband thinks it's funnier than hell, but he is seriously glad for the extra money that'll be coming in. Again while I wish the job were a bit better--okay, a lot better--it's super close to home (I could walk if I was ambitious enough) and I'll be making more than I would at an office job, considering tips and whatnot. Oh, and it's part-time, which means...MORE TIME FOR WRITING! Score! LOL

I'll find out my schedule for the next couple of weeks tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed that I get some decent shifts. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my husband is in love with every waitress around, and I once thought he was going to ask me to change jobs! Congrats on doing the sensible thing--it's not a life sentence!