Tuesday, August 12, 2008

30DoB-Day 2

So far, so good...I'm on schedule still. Granted, I'm only one day in, but, hey, every day counts, right? :P

I finished FLASHPOINT last night, which was really no big feat because it was a very easy read. And pretty good, too. I felt it lacked a bit in the action department--something I took for granted, the book being about a firefighter and an EMT--but the tension, chemistry, and ultimate coming together (pun fully intended) struck me as uber realistic and completely endearing. It was the little things about Zach and Brooke's relationship, like the teasing and the hugs, that sold me. Oh, and the while the sex scenes were hot, Jill never used a single "c" word to describe anatomy, which is a first for me with a Blaze. The sex scenes focused so much on the emotion of those moments that sexual description wasn't even needed, which is the way it's supposed to be. (Making a note to refer to this book when writing my own sex scenes.)

The next book I've pulled, by closing my eyes and simply grabbing is...MY WILDEST RIDE by ISABEL SHARPE.

Oh, yay. I've been meaning to read this one, because, if rumors are true, Isabel and I both live in WI. Okay, I just looked her up and she lives in Milwaukee, which is on the opposite end of the state from me, but I still feel as though we're kindred spirits of some sort. ;) As with today, I'll let you know what I think about the story tomorrow (or maybe this afternoon, if I finish early) and I'll pick my next read.

0 comments: