Wednesday, August 13, 2008

30DoB-Day 3

I'm running a bit behind today. I could lie and say it was because the kids had me tied up and pulling my hair out (well, they did have me doing that), but really I just hadn't finished yesterday's book until a bit ago. :( I actually wrote last night instead, if you can believe it. Not a lot. Only four pages worth. But it's not half bad and I'm really liking this new story. I think it has a lot of potential and I can't seem to stop thinking about it. Of course, bad me...I didn't write down any of the ideas I had today. Hopefully they'll come back to me when I sit down to write later on.


But, anyway...on with the show. MY WILDEST RIDE by Isabel Sharpe. Pretty good book. I absolutely loved the heroine, who was probably one of the most flawed heroines (if you really consider mistakes we've all made, in some form, genuine flaws) I've ever read in a Blaze. She had some serious issues and her conflict with them was legit. I would have reacted the same way she did, which I can't say is typical--I tend to get irritated by characters more than I sympathize. I loved the hero, as well, but I felt he lacked in the personal conflict department (heroine aside). His only issue, again, non-heroine related, was easily resolved and really posed no major conflict for him. But, I suppose, Blazes are--or rather can be--more character than conflict oriented. Again...the sex was fabulous, but in a very down-to-earth, normal people kind of way. I loved that, just like I did the last book. It gets tiresome reading about multiorgasmic sex, when, in reality, that's not the norm. Or, at least, if it is...don't tell me. ;)

So, tonight's pick is...(let me go to the pile and grab)...FIRE IN THE BLOOD by KELLEY ST. JOHN.

Ooh, a paranormal. Haven't read a para Blaze in a while and, come to think of it, I don't know that I've ever read Kelley before, so...this should be interesting. Oh, it's about a firefighter, too. What the heck? I really have to get on the stick with my firefighter stories. Or at least the one I've rough drafted already. Sigh.
Anyhow...you know the drill. I'll be back tomorrow...

0 comments: