Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This Week In Goals

Inspired by Betty who was inspired by Moira, I'm going to make a point of blogging my weekly goals, probably every Wednesday night. Complicated story, but as of next week, Wednesday will be like my Friday night, which is usually when I really start to dig into writing for the week. So for the purpose of being publically accountable, we'll consider Wednesday night the beginning of my writing week. :) (And, yeah, I know it's only Tuesday right now. I'll get officially on track next week. :P)

So, anyhoo...my goals this week are:

  • Reach 23k in my WIP by Wednesday night. That's 9k in seven days. Cake, I tell ya, cake.
  • Finish crit for CP. I want to finish it before I get bogged down with school, which begins on Monday. DONE!!
  • Get a jumpstart on the group review book this month for Romantic Bites. Um...wait. I think we're reviewing next week, which means I'll have to do more than get a start on it--I'll have to finish it. Eek.
  • Read the first chapters of the books for my upcoming classes. (I know it's not writing related, but, hey, it needs to get done. :P)
  • Email CPs/writing friends whom have been very patiently waiting for responses from me. For like...weeks. :( DONE!!

And that'd be all, I think. I better not add anything else or I'll be setting myself up to bomb my goals on the first week. :(

So, tell me...what goals have you set for yourself lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we've all been inspired by Moira. I myself am setting goals and trying to get it all done. Also Shoot.. thanks for reminding me... i gotta get the Group Read book and finish it!! EKKK

Bethanne said...

Um, what is the group read book? I can't remember.